I have a little extra time tonight and figured that I might as well try to knock out a few posts in regards to 2010 around this place, it seems customary to close out the year with useless information about the previous year. OK, maybe I’m being a little hard on things by saying all information from 2010 is useless, the info below is definitely useless but there’s some other quality 2010 posts out there… I’m sure of it.
Now, with that being said let’s see how many posts about 2010 that I can crank out before I get bored with it. At one point earlier in the week I actually started writing a post about reasons I would NOT be doing a 2010 recap series or post like I did last year. Fact is, I just couldn’t come up with a decent reason that would have made the post any decent.
Hence the “10 facts About This Blog in 2010″ post.
Facts About This Blog in 2010
- 333, 107 unique visitors have stopped by Extreme John.com as of December 21, 2010.
- The average visitor checks out 4 pages while they are here.
- 1.1 million pages have been viewed as of December 21st.
- 75% of the traffic on this blog comes from search engines like Google and Bing.
- Google dominates all traffic sources with over 61% of the visitors coming from the search giant.
- As awesome as social media is, Facebook is ranked 8th amongst traffic sources.
- All though only ranking 8th in traffic sources Facebook visitors click an average of 1 page more then other visitors.
- Twitter is not in the top 10 traffic sources for 2010 on my blog.
- All though not in the top 10 traffic sources, Twitter visitors click .75 more pages then non Facebook visitors.
- The dominating keyword for this blog is… “droid apps“.
I wish I would have installed Google Analytics on the blog earlier in 2009 so I would have had some decent information to compare between both 2009 and 2010. So all you newbie bloggers out there, get your Google Analytics code and get it installed on your personal or business blog now so you don’t regret it later like me
Outside of that all I really have to say is that I’m surprised that “droid apps” is the most popular keyword for this blog, it kind of pisses me off but I guess that’s the way it goes. Maybe in 2011 I can work a little more into trapping a little more business and entrepreneur related traffic, you can add social media and social media marketing to the list too.
Do you currently use Google Analytics on your blog or website? Leave a comment and share a crazy keyword or something odd about your traffic stats for 2010, imagine the excitement around here if everyone shared