Even though I am a blogging CEO I still try to find time to work leaving blog comments on the bloggers blogs that are nice enough to come through my blog and leave comments here, it’s a great way to build traffic and network with bloggers. Not to mention you would be surprised just what you can learn by visiting other blogs and leaving comments on them, I recommend Feedly for managing rss feeds and comment monitoring.
When you leave comments on blogs and specifically a lot of comments on blogs it should be no surprise that certain blogs will become annoying to leave comments on from time to time, I decided to put together a list of 16 reasons commenting on your blog might suck. I don’t expect that everyone will agree with me and the things that piss me off when leaving comments might be something you feel you need to have in place on your blog, or even something you get great results from. Don’t take it personally, it’s just my opinion and the things that I find annoying.
16 Reasons Commenting on Your Blog Sucks
- Your Comment Luv plugin is not working or up to date
- You have Pre-Checked Notify by Email Subscriptions
- You have timed pop-up windows
- You have pre-checked Subscribe to Comments
- Your blog loads slow
- Your blog is not Do Follow
- Your blog is a blogger blog (I hate logging in)
- Your using a third party comment system that is not Do Follow (JSkit, Disqus)
- After submitting comment your blog returns a white page
- You use CAPTCHA as a way to stop spam
- You don’t use the Comment Luv WordPress Plugin
- Your spam filter plugin doesn’t allow my comment to post
- You need to approve comments because you fear spam
- All you blog about is making money online (it can get redundant)
- I have to search for a place to leave my comment
- People must leave a CAPTCHA after typing their comment
Those are just my personal views on what I find annoying when leaving comments on the various blogs that I visit and even blogs in my network, I personally believe that you should reward the people that are nice enough to leave a comment on your blog and I also believe it shouldn’t be like going through a rodeo circus. I hate receiving all kinds of BS email about comments or subscriptions I would never subscribe to on my own and I hate jumping through ropes just to leave a comment.
If you like blogging tips, seo tips or found something useful in here you might want to consider taking a moment to subscribe to my rss feed or follow me on twitter @extremejohn to stay up to date with new posts on my blog.