Foursquare is a newer online social media service that allows for individuals to check in to locations that they frequent through their cell phones. Each time a client checks in they receive special offers and rewards made available to them, in addition each of your client’s friends receives a message that your location has been visited, exposing more individuals to your business name.
How to Adding Your Business to Foursquare
Adding your business to Foursquare can be done quickly and by announcing to clients that you are now offering Foursquare services can greatly increase your business exposure with very little work on your part.
1. Visit Foursquare’s Business page
2. Click on the Venue Owners link
3. Click the “Search and Claim Your Venue” button and fill in your business name and location and search.
4. If you see your business name, click on it and then click the button to the right which says “Do you manage this venue? Claim here” so that you can claim your business.
5. If you don’t see your business name add it as a new venue by scrolling to the bottom of the search results page and clicking the “Add a new venue to Foursquare” link
Adding your business to Foursquare is a great way to expose your business with very little maintenance. Each time that your client checks in to your location it is the client that is spreading the word about your business to their network contacts, as a business you simply need to maintain up to date business contact information.
In addition to using Forusquare for your business and customers you can also use it as a marketing tool and present special offers to Foursquare Mayors and users who check-in frequently. SCVNGR is another excellent location based that your business and customers can also benefit from.
Do you use Foursquare in your business or any other location based check-in service? Leave a comment and share your thoughts, have you seen results and do you have any tips you would like to add for business owners looking to leverage Foursquare.